Yesterday I had probably one of the most terrifying things happen to me. I was getting ready to leave for Nixon's pictures and dr's appointment. I put him in his swing for a nap and got in the shower. After I got out of the shower I got my clothes together and started to fill up Nixon's bath. I heard my mom upstairs running and all of a sudden she was in our room yelling that I needed to grab Nix and get out right now. I could hear an office upstairs yelling that we needed to hurry. Yes I was naked and shaking and freaking out. Beardo was barking, all of the windows in our apartment were open so it started getting smokey. I dropped Nixon's bath water, hurried and grabbed him and threw on some clothes while I was running up the stairs. Once we got outside the nice officer told us that we could wait in his air conditioned car since it was all ready so hot outside, and the fire was just making it more hot. I am so grateful for him, none of the neighbors that we like were home and Nixon was melting. So my 4 month old has been in the back of a cop car. It was kind of a funny site. Me, Nixon, Beardo, and my mom in the back of a cop car. The firemen had to use our backyard to help get the fire out. It was so crazy. The elderly man has a propane stove in his garage and all of the propane tanks didn't make the fire any easier. Their garage is destroyed. We are so lucky. Their garage is closer to our house than it is to their own. I am so glad my mom stayed home from work yesterday, or Nix and I would have gotten so smoked out.
This is the walk way to our apartment, you can see their garage just through the bushes.
This is what's left, I am standing just up the stairs from our apartment
This one was taken with me just up a few stairs. It is crazy to me how close it was to us, and really how lucky we are that our house didn't catch on fire.
We can't use our entrance right now while everything is taped off.
The first thing I did when we got outside was call Sean. He was on his way home to come with me to Nixon's appointments. I am so glad I have a wonderful husband. I was in tears, and shaking and the second I heard his voice I knew everything would be ok.
After everything calmed down Sean and I started thinking that we need to get a fire proof safe to keep things in just in case. It's crazy to think about what I would want to keep safe if I was going to lose everything.
I am so glad our home is safe, and that nobody got hurt. And I am glad that the neighbors only lost their garage, and not their entire home. Things were scary but definitely could have been worse.
Pegboard Corner Desk Tutorial
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment