October 18, 2011

They're Home

     My grandparents got back from their mission a few weeks ago and had their homecoming festivities this weekend. It's crazy that they left 2 days after Nix was born and now are home. The time really did fly by.
     Saturday night they had a little party. It was so good to see my aunt and uncles that live out of town, and have them all meet and see Nix for the first time. Sunday they spoke in sacrament meeting. We weren't originally planning on going, because we had other plans with Sean's Uncle and cousins (another story for another time) but I am so glad we went. My grandparents have been married 60 years. It was so sweet to hear them talk about how much they love each other. My grandpa said the sweetest thing. If you know him, you know he's a little rough around the edges sometimes, He said that even though they missed the birth of 7 new babies in our family and people getting married, that it was nice to just be the 2 of them, and rely on each other like they had in the beginning 60 years ago.
     It's crazy how certain things can happen that change what we do. I'm so grateful we went and heard their talks. I can't wait to grow old with Sean and hopefully serve a mission with him someday. I love "old" love. Someday we'll be the old couple walking around holding hands.
I'm so disappointed in myself for only taking 1 picture. It's hard to take pictures, catch up with everyone, and chase after a crazy busy boy at the same time. Better luck next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment