September 19, 2011

...

Preface: I wasn't sure if I wanted to write this post or not. My thoughts are still jumbled in my head, and my emotions are up and down and everywhere in between. This is our family journal though, so I thought I would share.


     As some (very few) of you know, we were expecting baby #2. Wednesday was a day just like any other, until I went to bed. I wasn't feeling very well after I put Nix to bed so I went to bed about 9. I woke up about midnight to use the bathroom and everything after that is pretty much a blur.
     I called Sean at work and he literally ran out. My mom came right away too. By the time we got to the ER it was almost 1:30. In my head I knew exactly what my body was doing, but my heart was a different story. They ran all the tests, and eventually came back with the results. The nicest Dr. came in and told us the news. It didn't seem real until the word miscarriage came out of his mouth. It hit me like a freight train.
     The last few days have been hard, but we realize we have so many wonderful blessing to be thankful for. We know we aren't handed anything we can't handle, and that everything is part of a bigger plan. Our little family is stronger and closer than ever. And we know our family will grow when the time is right. Thank you so much to everyone who has called, text, prayed, and given hugs that last a little longer than usual. We love you all so much.
  

2 comments:

  1. i love you guys!! i am glad you're starting to feel better. nothing anyone says will make it feel better but i am always here for you :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carson!!! Love you so much!!! You are so strong and brave. I'm glad you have so much support and that this has brought your family closer. xoxo

    ReplyDelete