February 23, 2011

Personal

     This is kind of a scary post for me to write, but I feel like since this is our journal I'll share. A little over 2 weeks ago, I went and had some (5) moles removed. They sent them to pathology and told me in 7-10 days I would have my results. They told me I'd receive a letter if they were all good and nothing to worry about, and that the Dr would call if there was anything wrong. Well last Friday it had been 10 days and I still hadn't heard anything, figuring they'd be closed be closed Monday for President's Day, I went ahead and called the office. The nice receptionist told me that my results hadn't come back yet. She sounded sort of weird almost like she wasn't telling me something. She said that some labs just take longer for results. Well, yesterday at about 5:00pm I got a call from the Dr. She started out by apologizing for the delay, apparently my initial results went out for a second opinion she then politely told me that the two moles on my neck came back normal moles, as well as the one on my side (the one I thought looked the worst), but that the moles on my hand and toe didn't look so great. She told me that they believe the one on my hand is most likely just an A Typical mole. Which means it's in between Melanoma and a "normal" mole, but that they needed to remove more just to be safe. And then my baby toe. My sweet (not) so innocent cute baby toe. They think it's Melanoma. Right when she said that my heart dropped and I tried not to cry. They need to cut out more, but there's not really a whole lot to cut on a little baby toe so I have to go to a plastic surgeon today to see what he can do on cutting more out.
     I really am in a state of shock right now. The first call I made was to my husband. I won't lie I was a blubbering mess. I'm so glad he talked to his boss and was able to come home. He really is my rock. Then I called my mom. WOW she really is great too. She has connections and got me into a great plastics guy today! She called the office after 5 and got me TODAY! That really is amazing. I'm so glad I have these two wonderful people in my life.
     Sorry this is a downer post. I will keep you updated. I'm not one to ask for help of any kind really, but if you could just say a little prayer for me I really would appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment