November 23, 2010

Today

Today has been the WORST day EVER! Yesterday, Nix had a little runny nose. I thought it was nothing. He woke up this morning around 3:30, and we very quickly realized that it was WAY more than just a runny nose. The poor lil man could barely breathe. I've never been more scared. He finally went back to sleep for a little bit and first thing we called the pediatrician. They couldn't get us in until 1:40, he was sounding a little better so I figured that would be fine. Sean ran to Wal Mart around ten to grab some saline for his nose and when he got back Nix got so bad his coloring was almost grey. We put him right in his car seat and headed for the dr. Thank goodness they always take walk ins, and when we got there they got us right in. They probably thought we were homeless. I hadn't brushed my hair or teeth, my sweats were covered in spit up, I didn't even have socks on. When we got back they checked his oxygen levels, his was 92. This isn't good. Usually when infants get to 90 they admit them to the hospital. I was freaking out! So they gave him a breathing treatment, a steroid shot, and a test for RSV. RSV was negative but he definitely has Croup. I feel so bad for him. The whole time we were at the dr. I was on the verge of tears. I've never stayed in the room while Nix has gotten shots, but today I did. Big Huge Gigantic mistake. I bawled. His hacking cry broke my heart into a million pieces. Seeing his little body working so hard was devastating. By the time we left his oxygen was up to 94. They told us what to look for, and told us if he got any worse to bring him back in. He has to go back tomorrow for a follow up.
Here he is getting his treatment
Tonight should be interesting, he's been sleeping almost all day. I hope he'll at least sleep for a few hours so we can get some rest. And I'll post tomorrow with his update.
Good Night!
 p.s. if any of you more experienced mommies have some good tips for us, let me know! We've been letting a hot shower run and sitting with him in the bathroom, we also have a humidifier going. Any other tips I would love

No comments:

Post a Comment