September 07, 2012

Pregnancy in a Post

We found out on November 17th that we were pregnant. I had honestly been sick since conception (TMI?) It was about 2am and Sean had just got home from work. I snuck downstairs and took the test while he was in the shower. I bawled like a baby when the positive sign came up. The next day we called the dr. and started going in for blood tests to make sure my HCG levels were rising. The went from 250 to 11,500 something within 48 hours, which was such a relief. The first 12 weeks were probably the longest of my life. I just wanted everyday to pass so that we were closer to the "safe" weeks of pregnancy.
Here we are with baby girl at about 13 weeks. I had a lot of Dr's appointments before this because of the miscarriage, but this was the first ultrasound that there was more than a sac and little pole with a heart beat. We got to see an actual little baby and we were over joyed.
17 Weeks
On our 3rd anniversary at about 24 weeks
36 weeks and 3 days. 
This pregnancy was such a whirlwind. On Nixon's birthday we went to the Zoo. When we got home I was having severe cramping. After I laid down and drank water the pains went away, but the dr told me I needed to take it easy. Then again at 32 weeks I started having a lot of pressure. We went to the hospital and sure enough I was in pre term labor. They gave me a shot to stop it since my contractions got me dilated to a 2. They then gave me the shots to help baby girls lungs develop just in case. I went into labor 2 more times. Nobody, not even the dr thought that baby girl was going to make it to full term. I'm so glad she stayed in as long as she did. Apparently, we make small babies and the dr's said if Viv had been born at 32 weeks she would have been maybe 2 1/2 pounds. That's too little. I'm so grateful for modern medicine and a supportive family who helped so much at the end so I didn't over do it and could keep our little miss inside where she belonged.

No comments:

Post a Comment